Sunday, May 10, 2009

Inspiration

I am blessed to meet the people I  do. Back in January 2009 I was looking for people to talk to about Catholicism and related topics. God blessed me to find 2 great chat rooms all based on Catholicism and thats really where my journey began. All the people there have been a real inspiration to me.

I remember it was the day before my birthday I was talking to a certain New Yorker and He gave me courage to start asking to go to mass (yes I know I shouldn't have to), and low and behold the day of my birthday (which was a Sunday) I got to go to mass, where, for the first time, I was interested in the mass, the Gospels and didn't fall into a daydream.

I also happened to be fortunate to meet "R", who, as I think, is my online priest (He is not, may I add). Any question I have He can answer it, and if its not in his head He will look up books etc. until He finds the answer. He also recommended The Bible and prayer book I bought (I will write on these layer). 

There are also numerous others, each with their own individual story, all an inspiration  and all make us proud to be Catholic.

But there is one woman, Anne (and I'm not being mean to the others :)) who has inspired me the most, made me happy when I was a real mess, helped me when I was sad, laughed with me when I was laughing and provided advise and information any time I wanted. When I felt useless she told me stories of hope and made me feel better. Her love for her family is amazing and her love for God is the same. We have shared life stories, even though my life is short! ha! She is great and I hope we can meet some day :). Her kids and grandkids are blessed to have a mother and grandmother like her!!

Thank you God for leading me to these people, they are all great!

No comments: