Monday, May 25, 2009

Graduation!!!


We had our graduation on Friday, the 22nd of May (My Dads birthday!!!). It was a brilliant night! The day started off with me lazing around the house Ha! I went to the hairdressers at 2 and got curls in my hair, then make up at half 4. Then as usual a rush to get to the restaurant before 6pm! We made it on time anyway and Mam, Dad and I had a lovely meal.

The graduation ceremony started at around quarter past 7 (nothing starts on time here) and it started with giving out of fáinne's (irish for rings) these are little gold, silver or bronze rings given to you according to your level of spoken irish. In april we had to have a conversation with an examiner and that measured one's level. It took a while for the examiner to present all the pins (he talked really slow!) but it was lovely.

Then various musicians from out year played music or sung for us. Then awards were given out for various categories, not the usual awards we had fun ones such as "most colourful hair" and "best couple" it was fun!

Chicken and I surprised all our friends and teachers, as we are usually seen in jeans and hoodies or tracksuits or going training. Everyone was amazed at how dressed up we were. I must say we looked smashing!

Then came the fun part... going out! All our class went to a local pub where there was a big hall and a DJ. we all danced the night away. After that I stayed at Chickens house, we didn't get home till 2am (oops ha!). It was really a great night out, can't wait to go out again.

Saturday was spent cleaning, trying to study, on the computer, listening to music...oh and trying to make myself better- i caught a cold.

Sunday- I didn't get to mass :( but I had the whole day with the house to myself. I TRIED to study but I couldn't really concentrate. Chicken and I spent about 5 hours straight on the phone- what an achievement! (the phone calls are free for an hour so we just hang up when the hour comes and ring back- if they weren't free my parents would go mad).

Today, Monday- I finally got some decent study done in biology and maths :) only a week and a half until the exams but on the flip side only 3 weeks until they are over and I cannot wait until that day.

Thank you God for everything you have given me.

No comments: